Most online gambling sites offer new visitors welcome bonus offers (also known as sign up bonuses) upon signing up and making their first real money deposit. This type of bonus is meant to edge you towards joining the casino. Thus, it is unsurprising that these offers feature significant match bonus percentages, as well as free slots, spins deals.
Essentially, the big draw of top online casino welcome bonuses is that you get extra money to play with. As such, you get more of winning real money while playing online. And there is nothing wrong with that.
However, some welcome bonuses aren’t worth it despite the appearance of large cash sums and free spins. You will always need to meet the wagering requirements of a bonus before you can withdraw your winnings. So, if these terms and conditions are poor, chances are, you will not experience all the advantages of claiming this bonus.
If you would like to find out more about the welcome bonuses, online casinos offer, make sure to stick around. Below we go through all you need to know about sign up offers, including:
- What they are,
- The types available,
- Notes to keep in mind when picking a casino with a welcome bonus,
- And why you should use them.
We also list a bunch of casinos that have amazing welcome casino bonus online offers. So, you can get started as soon as you feel ready!
Claim Top Welcome Bonuses Here
No Limit Bonus
Welcome Bonus Links
- Claim Top Welcome Bonuses Here
- What is a Welcome Bonus?
- Types of Welcome Bonuses
- How to Pick a Welcome Bonus
- Are Welcome Bonuses Worth It?
What is a Welcome Bonus?
As explained above, a welcome bonus is a reward at an online casino that new players get when signing up to a casino and making their first real deposit. The prize should not be confused with a no deposit bonus, which is the offer you get just for creating a casino account and is usually very small.
Instead, a welcome bonus is probably the most considerable amount of money you will ever be given at a casino as a bonus at one time. Some offers may even include free spins for slot machines, which is always an excellent addition.
As always, these bonuses come with terms and conditions governing how you can use them. You must look at these rules before accepting a bonus as many govern how and when you can withdraw the money you win with your bonus funds.
As some rules make winning impossible, some potentially lucrative-looking offers aren’t worthwhile at all. So, be wary of a bonus offering you the world. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Types of Welcome Bonuses
There are many types of sign up bonuses available online. Some of the most popular include:
Deposit Match Bonuses
Deposit match bonuses are the most popular types of casino bonuses overall. With such an offer, a casino matches your deposit by a percentage up to a maximum amount of money.
For example, a bonus may have a 100% match percentage. If you deposit $100 in your account, the casino will match it with $100. This is because 100 x1.0 = 100. You can use the following formula to calculate your bonus using any match percentage:
(Bonus amount) x (Match percentage as a decimal)
Often, casinos will have huge match percentages on welcome bonuses. Well, at least much larger than any bonus you will see available for existing players.
Online Casino Free Signup Bonus No Deposit Required
An online casino with free signup bonus offer provides you with a small amount of free bonus money w to play select casino games. You do not need to deposit to claim this offer, though. All you need to do to claim no deposit casino bonus codes is create an account at the casino.
Generally, no deposit bonuses have a lot of strings attached. So, it’s hard to win big or even withdraw any winnings at all. Especially with the bonus amount being so small. Usually, you also can’t use these bonuses on table games or video poker. But it’s still free money you can claim.
Most welcome bonuses come with free spins. Often, the casino will list the game(s) you can use the free spins on. Usually, you will not be able to use free spins on progressive jackpot games.
How to Pick a Welcome Bonus
As we mentioned earlier, not all welcome bonuses are worth it. If a bonus is one of the major reasons you would like to join a casino, you need to make sure that it is worthwhile to claim before you make a deposit.
Some of the areas to focus on when analyzing a bonus include:
- Time limit – all bonuses have a time limit in which you need to use them. The amount of time a casino gives you is very important. If a casino expects you to use a $5000 bonus in a day, it isn’t a worthwhile offer.
- Playthrough requirements – playthrough requirements refer to the amount of money you need to wager before you can make a withdrawal with your bonus cash. If the playthrough requirements are too high, you will never be able to gamble enough to meet the requirement in the given time frame, or you will probably lose the cash before doing so.
- Max cashout – not all bonuses limit the amount of money you can win. However, some do, and, in such cases, you need to make sure that it is a worthwhile sum. It doesn’t really isn’t worthwhile to spend hours gambling to keep $50 of a $5000 bonus.
- Game limitations – most bonuses usually only allow you to play slots or keno. Some casinos have specific bonuses for table games. Make sure to check these rules before claiming if you don’t like playing particular games.
- Cashable or Non-Cashable – can you withdraw your bonus funds with your actual winnings? Or, are you limited to only being able to withdraw your winnings?
- Match bonus limits – most match bonuses max out at a certain number. After a specific deposit amount, you get no extra bonus money.
Are Welcome Bonuses Worth It?
Welcome bonuses are only worth it if the wagering requirements attached permit them to be. Bonuses are meant to give you extra chances to win with casino games. However, sometimes the stipulations attached don’t allow them to be of any significant use other than to deceive players.
Casinos can offer you big cash bonuses that seem very alluring. But later, you find out that there is a 100x playthrough requirement attached to bonus funds, meaning that you won’t have an easy time winning with that money.
So, make sure you do your research. Bonuses aren’t always worth the hassle. Especially if they could prevent you from withdrawing the winnings, you got with your actual deposit. However, sometimes welcome bonuses are a good deal, and in such situations, make sure to claim them!
Learn More About Casino Bonuses Here