There are over a thousand land-based casinos in the United States, despite not all states having legalized gambling. If you’re looking to have some fun at some good, old fashioned brick and mortar casinos in the USA, you’ve come to the right place. On this page, we have a look at some of the states that have land-based casinos as well as the top land-based casinos in the country. We also provide you with a list of the best casinos on the internet if that is more your speed.
Best US Casino Sites
|Online Casinos||Welcome bonus||Payment||Evaluation||To visit|
$3000 BONUS600+ Slots and 98% Payout
|Play NowLas Vegas Casino|
150% BONUS600+ Slots and 98% Payout
|Play Now Sun Palace Casino|
400% BONUS600+ Slots and 98% Payout
|Play Now Planet 7 Casino|
330% BONUS600+ Slots and 98% Payout
|Play Now Cool Cat Casino|
$4000 BONUS600+ Slots and 98% Payout
|Play NowRoyal Ace Casino|
What You’ll Find On This Page
The one thing that every American needs to understand about gambling in the United States is that it is a matter governed on a state level. This means that it could be legal in some areas, but illegal in others. Below we have a look at some states that have legalized gambling:
- Nevada – the home of the world-renown Las Vegas strip, gambling has been legal in Nevada for several decades. Explore the huge number of amazing casinos available to visitors all offering great gaming experiences along with other entertainment options.
- New Jersey – the East Coast’s response to Las Vegas, Atlantic City is an extremely famous gaming spot in the Garden State. There are loads of great casinos near the ocean offering not only the chance to win big money prizes, but also great views while doing so.
- Mississippi – since gambling was declared legal in the state over 20 years ago, Mississippi has grown into a great gambling hub. Players can play on riverboats for an experience like no other.
- California – if you’re a table game fanatic, then California has got you covered. There are over 150 gambling spots in the state that offer Americans the chance to play games such as blackjack, poker, baccarat and more.
- Florida – sunshine and beautiful beaches aren’t the only things Florida has got. The state is also home to over two dozen casinos that are filled with the top casino games.
- Arizona – there may be some confusion over whether gambling is legal in Arizona. However, there are a number of gambling options available to players.
- Texas – the great state of Texas has only got a singular brick and mortar casino for residents to enjoy. The Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino has got a load of games to play, but expect it to be busy.
There are so many wonderful land-based casinos located in the United States. Below are the top five casinos every avid US gambler should visit:
- The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, Nevada) – with Nevada being the gambling hub that it is, it makes sense that a few casinos in the area would populate this list. The Cosmopolitan Hotel & Casino is located in the heart of the city’s strip. The actual building is absolutely massive, with the sheer space to provide players the option to play thousands of slot games and any table game they could ever imagine.
- Borgata Hotel, Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, New Jersey) – Atlantic City is where you want to be if you’re a gambler living on the East Coast of the nation. At the Borgata, players get hours of entertainment from their favorite casino games and then have the option to take a relaxing walk across the boardwalk facing the ocean.
- Mohegan Sun (Uncasville, Connecticut) – this fine casino is made up of three different casinos all offering players a wide range of games and entertainment. Along with hundreds of games to play, there is also a wide range of dining options for players who want an intensively entertaining experience.
- Bellagio (Las Vegas, Nevada) – anyone who has ever watched a movie about Las Vegas has probably seen the Bellagio in the skyline. The casino’s bright lights act as a great big beacon on the strip and really can’t be missed. What else that can’t be missed is the great gaming experience that wait in store for those who visit the casino.
- Foxwoods (Mashantucket, Connecticut) – one the largest casino in the world, the great people at Foxwoods really understand gambling. Play top gambling games and then bask in the great history of the area.
Check out our other local casino guides:
Do brick and mortar casinos offer online casino games?
This depends on the state. In places like New Jersey and Nevada, where gambling is a huge part of the state’s economy, some casinos do offer online casino options to residents. It is important to remember though that these casinos are then only legal for the players who live in those states to use.
Do land-based casinos serve alcohol?
Yes, most brick and mortar casinos do serve alcohol. However, it is important for players to have a look at how much they drink. Being under the influence may lead players to make bad gaming decisions.
Is gambling legal in the United States?
This depends on the state. As mentioned earlier, gambling is a state matter. So, it may be legal in some areas of the country but illegal in others. It is all dependent on state legislators.
What is the largest casino in the United States?
WinStar World Casino and Resort in Thackerville, Oklahoma is known as the largest casino in the United States.
What cities in the US have casinos?
The following cities are known for having at least one casino in the metropolitan area: Las Vegas, Atlantic City, Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, St. Louis and the Gulf Coast.
Check out our other casino guides: