Canadian casinos have a built up a reputation for themselves for being all-inclusive entertainment centers. Not only do they provide their visitors with tons of casino games to play, they also offer wonderful restaurants and bars. Additionally, they also host exciting live events. Due to the nation’s less restrict gambling laws, they are also more easily accessible throughout the country and not just in certain areas. Play your favorite game online or at a land-based casino without any looming repercussions.
If you would like to learn more about the best Canadian casinos, you have come to the right place. Below we have a look at the best online and land-based gambling establishments available in the Great White North. We also provide a brief breakdown of Canadian gambling laws. So, whether you are an American looking to visit Canada’s casinos in the future, or a Canadian looking to find a new hotspot to gamble, read on because we’ve got you covered! (We also took the initiative of listing some of the best online casinos in the country.)
Best Canadian Online Casinos
These are the top Canadian online casino sites currently available. Each provides players with a good supply of games and bonuses to make for an utterly entertaining gameplay experience. So, why not try one today?
What You’ll Find On This Page
- Canadian Casino Testing Process
- Best Land-Based Casinos in Canada
- Canadian Gambling Laws
- Top Canadian Casinos FAQs
We consistently test casinos for Canadian players to ensure that we are able to recommend the best casino sites and land-based establishments to them. In order for us to recommend a casino to our players, it needs to meet a specific criterion made up of safety checks meant to ensure that players get the best gaming experience possible. Below are some of the areas that we focus on most:
- Bonuses – in our search to find the best casino in Canada, we make sure to look at the bonuses on offer to players. This includes welcome, loyalty, and no deposit bonuses, among many others. We try to make sure that our Canadian players are always rolling in the cash.
- Games – players visit casinos to play gambling games, so a big area we focus on is determining what games are available at the casino. We only recommend Canadian casino sites that powered by software developers such as Microgaming, Realtime Gaming, Betsoft and more.
- Banking – the only way for a player to begin their online gambling journey is to make a deposit into their casino account. In order for this to happen, the casino needs to offer a banking method players are comfortable using. We try to recommend Canada casinos that offer multiple banking methods, including credit and debit cards, e-wallets, cryptocurrencies, and more.
- Security – determining that a casino is in fact safe to use is our most important focus area when reviewing a new casino. We look at whether the casino makes use of encryption for transactions and is licensed by the appropriate gambling governing bodies.
- Support – sometimes when gambling at online Canadian casinos, things go wrong and players want to contact customer support to solve the problem quickly. We make sure the casinos we recommend have got responsive teams.
Looking to visit a land-based casino at our friendly neighbors up North? Well, you should look at considering these fine options below:
|River Rock Casino Resort||8811 River Rd, Richmond, BC V6X 3P8, Canada|
|River Cree Resort and Casino||300 E Lapotac Blvd, Edmonton, AB T7X 3Y3, Canada|
|Caesars Windsor Hotel & Casino||377 Riverside Dr E, Windsor, ON N9A 7H7, Canada|
|Casino Niagara||5705 Falls Ave, Niagara Falls, ON L2E 6T3, Canada|
|Casino de Montreal||1 Avenue du Casino, Montréal, QC H3C 4W7, Canada|
Canadian gambling laws vary from province to province, so you’ll need to look up the laws of the province you’re in to know what exactly is legal and available to players. That said though, casinos (or racinos) are pretty much legal in most provinces, with the exception of Newfoundland and Labrador where it is only legal for casinos to be run on lands considered to be reserves. Sports betting is another popular gambling option found in many provinces.
That said, the legal gambling age in most Canadian provinces is 19, which is lower than the average of 21 seen in most US states. Overall, players shouldn’t have a problem finding places to gamble in Canada.
This answer is forever changing as casinos update their offers and new sites are launched. For the best gambling experience, we recommend visiting one of the casinos listed above as we always try to make sure that we are up to date with our list.
Yes, it is legal to gamble online in Canada. Most provinces do allow Canadian online casinos to operate in their jurisdiction. However, we do suggest that players ensure that they double check provincial gambling laws before doing that is prohibited.
Yes, you can. All you need to do is make sure that you sign up at a casino that accepts Canadian dollars as a potential currency. This means that you will not have to make conversions when playing online or pay the pesky fees that come with them.
Yes, sports betting is legal in Canada. There are very many online sportsbooks available in the country that let Canadians bet on a number of different sports including the NFL, NHL, NBA, and MLB. So, why not try today? You never know, it could be the Toronto Maple Leafs’ year!
This is a very difficult question to answer as there really is no sure-fire way to do so. However, there are a few manners in which you can reduce house edge and increase your chances of winning. Have a look at a couple of our game guides to find out how!
Check out our other local casino guides: