Baccarat is a challenging casino game that demands skill, focus, and attention. It’s immensely enjoyable, and offers players the opportunity to explore a different casino game from the more popular slots and table games. Baccarat has enjoyed its own level of fame, having been featured in several films, so be part of the gaming elite when you take a chance at this vintage casino game.
Basics on How to Play
Learning Baccarat is very easy, and everything you need to know is housed in each game’s HELP tab. All the action buttons are on-screen for easy viewing and easy learning. Read on to find out how to play this fantastic casino game.
Baccarat is played around a table with numbered seats. These help the dealer keep track of the buy-ins. Baccarat is played with between six to eight decks of cards (standard 52 card decks), depending on which variation of the game is played. Decks are shuffled before each, new round.
Players need to place their bets to start off the round. Players can bet on either the dealer, or the player having a higher hand.
After the bets are placed, both the dealer and player receive two cards, one at a time, with the player receiving their cards first. The outcome of the round is based on the results of these cards.
Sometimes a third card is dealt. This happens when the player’s hand is between 0 and 5. For the dealer, he receives a third card based on the following:
- If it was a deuce or three, the banker will draw with a hand total between 0 and 4, and stand on a hand total between 5 and 7.
- If it was a four or five, the banker will draw if the hand value is between 0 and 5, and stand with a hand value between 6 and 7.
- If it was a six or seven, the banker will draw with a hand total of between 0 and 6, and stand with a total of 7.
- If it was an 8, the banker will draw with hand total between 0 and 2 and stand with a hand total between 3 and 7.
- If it was an ace, nine, ten, or any face card, the banker will draw with a hand total between 0 and 3, and stand with a hand total between 4 and 7.
When all the cards are dealt, the final hand is totalled; and if there’s a tie, no-one gets paid.
Hand totals are determined by the following:
- Aces count as 1
- Picture cards count as 0
- Number cards all carry their face value
- If the card total is in double figures, then the first digit is dropped. For example, 13 will become 3
Aim of Baccarat
The objective of Baccarat is to score a winning hand over the dealer’s, and not get a tie. The winning hand is calculated as scoring 9, or being as close to 9 as possible. The casino software calculates the scores for you, so simply sit back, relax and enjoy.
Play Online Baccarat at the Best Baccarat Casinos
Golden Riviera Casino showcases the most rewarding online casinos with the best online baccarat. The casinos we recommend all have authentic tables, laid out with the most realistic graphics and images. Take a chance at an exciting, scintillating casino game where anything could happen and massive jackpots are up for grabs.