Many US gamblers don’t really know the difference between European blackjack and American blackjack. If you’re a keen online blackjack player, knowing these slight differences may really impact the amount of winnings you take home after a gambling session at. The reason for this is that one version of the game presents players with more favourable odds. Play blackjack online at the best online casino USA.
So, read on down below and find out which version of this classic card game you should be playing at your favourite casinos. You’ll only make your blackjack game so much better if you. (Not to mention all the extra winning you stand in line to get in future if you do so too.)
Best European and American Blackjack Casinos
It doesn’t matter whether you want to play European or American blackjack, these casinos have got it all there for you. So, sign up today, claim your bonus and begin weighing in on the argument of which is better. You know you want to!
What You’ll Find On This Page
- Differences between American and European Blackjack
- American Blackjack Rules
- European Blackjack Rules
- Which Version of Blackjack Should You Play?
Quite honestly, there are a few differences between European and American blackjack. The first difference involves how players are dealt cards. In American blackjack, players will be dealt two cards immediately. Players will be able to see the value of one card only as the one will be face down. Dealers will be forced to check their cards instantly if they are dealt a face-up Ace. If the dealer has blackjack (a score of 21), the game ends immediately.
However, in European blackjack, the dealer only receives a second card after the player has completed their hand. This means that players potentially have a chance of losing more cash due to more opportunities to increase their bet.
The second major difference between the two versions of the popular card game is that American blackjack uses between six and eight decks whereas European blackjack only uses two.
There are a few more differences associated with the type of bets players are able to make in each version of the game. However, we will go further into those difference in the rule section down below.
It is important to note that there are many different versions of American blackjack (such as Spanish Blackjack and Atlantic City Blackjack.) However, every type of American blackjack has a similar set of rules. These include the following:
- Players can double down on any hand.
- Dealers are required to stand on 17.
- Players can split up to three different times.
- When players split Aces, they aren’t able to get Blackjack. It should also be noted that players can only choose to split Aces a single time.
- In most cases, players are allowed to surrender late into a game.
American Blackjack Strategy
Below are some general strategies we recommend players follow while playing American blackjack:
- If the dealer has a hand between 2 and 10 and yours is between around 4 and 8, we recommend that you hit.
- If you’ve got a had that sits at a score of 9 and the dealer has got a low score around 2 and score, we say up your bet.
- We recommend that you stand if you’ve got a score around 12 and 16 and the dealer has low one. The dealer is more likely to go bust in such instances.
- If you’ve got a score between 17 and 21, just stand. You’re highly likely to bust if you hit in such occasions.
European blackjack online games are really all pretty much standardized. When playing online, players can expect to follow the rules detailed down below:
- Payouts are always 3 to 2.
- Players are paid even money when both they and the dealer have blackjack.
- If the dealer gets blackjack, player need to get blackjack too to be paid even money.
- The dealer is required to stand on 17.
- Players can only double down on a score of between nine and 11.
- Players can only split once and cards need to be identical. For example, two Queens.
- Players can’t double down if they’ve split their hand.
- Players aren’t allowed to surrender.
- Insurance is an option if the dealer has an Ace.
European Blackjack Strategy
Our strategy for European blackjack is largely similar to that of American blackjack except slightly more conservative. We tend to recommend that players stand on score one point lower than those described on for the scenarios above
Well, we believe that American blackjack clearly presents a better deal for players. They are saved from making any extra unfortunate bets by the fact that the game ends if a dealer has got a hand of 21. It also presents better wagering options. That said, we do also love us a round of unpredictable European blackjack. So, it’s probably just best that you play what you feel in the mood to play.
Check out our blackjack guides: