Online Sic Bo (also known as chuck a luck, tai sai, Grand Hazard and hi-lo) is a classic table game enjoyed by gamblers around the world. This includes the United States where Chinese immigrants made it famous. It is one of the most popular dice games available and is very similar to craps, except that it uses three die instead of two.
It is also a gambling game with a very low house edge, which is why a lot of gamblers want to learn how to play it. Although sic bo games may seem very confusing to people who don’t know it works, once you get the hang of it, it is a game of chance that is really easy to follow. With the perfect strategy, you will soon be making winning bets on a regular basis.
If you would like to find out more about playing free online sic bo, make sure to stick around. We have created the ultimate player guide where we teach you how to play and a whole lot more. We also list a bunch of the best online casino sites to play sic bo online at for real cash. So, get those winning combinations with GoldenRivieraCasino.com!
Sic Bo Links
- Play Sic Bo Online Real Money
- Sic Bo Rules
- Online Sic Bo Bets
- Sic Bo Layout
- Online Sic Bo Strategy
- Online Sic Bo Dice Game – Glossary
- Free Online Sic Bo Game – FAQs
Your first step to enjoying the game of sic bo is learning how to play it. Here is a quick guide detailing how to play:
- The game starts with you placing a bet. Sic bo table layout is very important because where you place your chips on the table corresponds with bet you would like to place. Even in sic bo Vegas games at land-based casinos, bets are not made verbally, they are made through action.
- After you have placed your bet, the dealer covers the dice in a “dome” and shakes the dice. Thereafter, there is another opportunity to bet.Take note that the game is played with three dice.
- Once this betting period has come to an end, the dealer reveals the dice combination and winners are revealed. In online games, the game will automatically tell you if you have won
So, now that you know how the game works. What types of bets can you place at sic bo online casinos and what are your chances of winning with these bets?
Well, there are a variety of bets available in sic bo, which we detail down below. We’ve also included the sic bo odds for each bet so that you know your potential return on the wager.
- Small – a bet where the expected sum total of the three dice after the dice roll is between 4 and 10. This bet pays 1 to 1.
- Big – this is the inverse of a small bet. So, the sum total is expected to be between 11 and 17. The bet’s payouts is also 1 to 1.
- Odd – a bet that the sum total of the dice will show an odd number. This bet’s payout is also 1 to 1.
- Even – similar to an odd bet, except the sum total is predicted to be an even number. You also earn yourself a 1 to 1 payout if you get this bet correct.
Here are all the high-risk bets you can place while playing the game in this area.
- Specific Double Bets – players bet that two die will have the same number. The odds on this one are 11 to 1.
- Any Triple Bets – players bet on any triple on the dice which is linked to a specific number. Triples offer one of the best payouts in the game but they are very hard to get right. The payout is 31 to 1.
- Specific Triples – only really crazy players consider betting on a specific number. The craziest place specific triples where the payout is 180 to 1 because you’ll probably never get it right.
- Single Number Bets – this is a bet on a single number. You can bet on the number to appear on one die or all three. The odds change according to the stipulations of your bet. If it’s on one die, you get a 1 to 1 payout.
- Combination Bets – these are bets made on specific numbers to appear on a die. For example, you could bet on four and 17 as potential die total numbers. The payout on this particular bet is 62 to 1, but again it varies on which outcome is statistically more likely.
As mentioned above, you need to indicate your bet on the table. This can be a little confusing for new players, which is why we recommend that they study our sic bo cheat sheet for bets above.
If you want to have a look at the sic bo table layout before starting a real money game, here is an example of it.
Our recommended sic bo strategy focuses on ensuring that you always keep risk associated with particular bets in mind. Generally, we recommend following a low-risk strategy that encourages focusing on small and big bets or odds and evens.
It is important to realize that while specific triples offer massive payouts, they do so because you are unlikely to win these prizes. While we are not averse to placing an occasional high-risk bet, on the regular, you should focus on even money wagers to ensure that you at least have the potential to get a stream of steady wins going.
Here is some terminology used in sic bo that you may find helpful:
- Sum – the total of the three rolled dice.
- Cage – the compartment used to shake the dice.
- Re-bet – repeating your last bet.
- Chips – tokens that represent money at a casino.
- Ya Hah Hi – a variation of Sic Bo played in Macau. Dice use symbols instead of numbers.
- Luck Dice – slang name for Sic Bo.
- Two Faces – when two of the three dice have matching numbers.
- Hi-Lo – another term for a small/big bet.
You play sic bo online in the same way that you play the physical version.
1. Place your bet on the table.
2. Wait for the dealer to shake and roll the dice.
3. If a winning combination appears, you collect your winnings. If not, you try again and hope for better luck.
You can play sic bo online at the following casinos:
1. Las Vegas USA
2. Sun Palace Casino
3. Planet 7 Casino
4. CoolCat Casino
5. RoyalAce Casino
6. Lucky Hippo Casino
Loosely translated, sic bo means “dice pair”.
No, sic bo is not rigged. Online casinos make use of random number generators to ensure that all outcomes achieved by players are fair.
The only casino that offers sic bo in Las Vegas is the Venetian.
The best sic bo strategy involves sticking to even money bets. This means even and odd as well as hi-lo bets.
Check out our casino game guides: