Jacks or Better (also known as draw poker) has often been dubbed the most common version of video poker. Many American players prefer this version of the game as players just need to hold a hand to receive a payout. With the game being so popular and readily available at land-based casinos, it only makes sense that it would be really popular online too.
In this guide, we go through all players need to know to get started in an online Jacks or Better game. We also provide a list of the best online casino with real money to play the game.
Play Jacks or Better Online
Play Jacks or Better at any of these great US online casinos. Players are sure to encounter some unforgettable gambling experiences!
|Online Casinos||Welcome bonus||Payment||Evaluation||To visit|
$3000 BONUS600+ Slots and 98% Payout
|Play NowLas Vegas Casino|
150% BONUS600+ Slots and 98% Payout
|Play Now Sun Palace Casino|
400% BONUS600+ Slots and 98% Payout
|Play Now Planet 7 Casino|
330% BONUS600+ Slots and 98% Payout
|Play Now Cool Cat Casino|
$4000 BONUS600+ Slots and 98% Payout
|Play NowRoyal Ace Casino|
What You’ll Find On This Page
If you know how to play regular old draw poker, you’ll know how to play Jacks or Better. But, just in case you don’t know either, you just need to follow the steps below and you’ll be good to go:
- Every game begins with a wager before cards are dealt. Players select how much they would like to bet on the game. The minimum and maximum bet available to a player depends on the game/machine being played.
- Players will then be dealt five cards, from which they will need to pick what to keep and what to throw away.
- New cards to replace the old ones will then be dealt and this will make up your final hand. Depending on the value of your final hand, you will be paid out should you win the bet. (It is always important to remember that hand with a higher value payout more.)
Now that you know how to play, you should be ready to jump into a Jacks or Better casino poker game online or land-based casino near you.
As with all gambling games, there really isn’t a strategy that is going to ensure that you win every single poker game you play. (If there was such a thing, every casino would be out of business.) That said, there are a few tips we can give you that could help increase your odds when you play. Some such tips include the following:
- If your hand is only made up of a high card, draw four cards. You increase your chances of at least making a pair that way.
- If you already have a pair, it is in your interest to draw three cards. This may help in creating a three of a kind, four of kind or even a full house.
- Hands that are made up of a four of a kind, or two pairs necessitate that only one card be discarded.
- Stick to your guns if you already have high ranking hand, such as a straight or a flush. You are more than likely to win a game in such situations.
For more information on poker hands, be sure to visit our video poker page.
Jacks or Better is the most popular video poker variant because it is the easiest to learn how to play. If you are looking to playing video poker, look for a casino with a solid Jacks or Better title. Not only are you guaranteed to learn how to play poker, but you’ll have a fun time doing so.
Check out our video poker guides: