Playing at a real money casino online is all about enjoying yourself, and enjoying the casino games in moderation. We strive to always go the extra mile to ensure that you experience nothing but pure enjoyment in a safe and regulated environment. Thus, we encourage players never to play beyond their means by always keeping track of the time and credits you are spending online. Never hesitate to seek help if you feel you need it.
How to Protect Yourself Online
Setting personal limits on your account
- Deposit limit:Control your spend by placing daily, weekly or monthly deposit limits on your account.
- Wagering limit:The amount of money you’ll be able to wager on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Loss limit:Losing too much? Place a loss limit on your account for a specific period.
- Session time limit:The length of a session allowed before you are automatically logged off.
These limits are completely optional and are not a requirement for all players. We urge you to contact customer support teams of your chosen online casino if you are interested in setting up limits for yourself.
Cooling-off period – Take a short break from gaming. With this option, you have the freedom to lock your account for 24 hours, or 7/30/90 days. This allows you time to take a step back, reflect and get gaming again when you’re ready.
Self-exclusion – This is another option which allows you to take a break from gaming. You can decide how long you’d like to deactivate your account for. During this time, you will not be able to log into your account.
If a third party requests an exclusion for a player, the player will be contacted directly and the required identification documents will be requested before any action is taken.
Gambling for under 18’s is strictly forbidden; gambling involves risk and should be carefully monitored. It can also be harmful and should be done in a responsible manner.
As part of the responsible gaming policy, by law all online gambling sites must ask that all players take extra care to keep their real money casino account number and password confidential. No minors under the age of 18 years should be left unattended around your computer or mobile device while playing at an online casino or using casino software.
All reputable online casinos maintain strict controls to prohibit minors from accessing their gaming system as part of their KYC (Know Your Customer) Policy. These procedures require customers to declare that they are of lawful age during the sign-up steps.
Recognizing When You Might Have a Gambling Problem
- Have you ever sold personal property or the property of others to finance gambling?
- Have you ever been reluctant to use your “gambling money” for other expenses like food, rent, or others?
- Does gambling make you neglect the welfare of yourself, friends or loved ones?
- Have you ever committed, or considered doing something illegal to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever thought about harming yourself or even suicide because of gambling?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Do you ever gamble to win money to pay debts, or solve financial problems?
- Have you ever asked for money from a friend or loved one to finance your gambling?
- After losing do you feel the need to play again as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After winning do you have a strong urge to keep playing and win more?
- Do you often gamble until all your credits are gone?
How to Get Help
The independent organizations listed below can be contacted by anyone seeking advice or suffering from a gambling problem.
- Gamblers Anonymous UK – https://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/or 08700 50 88 80.
- Gambling Therapy – https://www.gamblingtherapy.org/.
Check Out Our Other Responsible Gambling Pages