It is well-known that slot games are the most popular type of gambling game in the world. These games mix wonderful images with interesting themes and the exciting chance to win large amounts of money. Thus, it makes sense that many Americans would be searching to learn how to play slots. With our easy to understand how to play slots guide, you’ll soon be jumping into even the most complicated of slot games at the best online casino site.
Learn How to Play Casino Slots Online Here
If you’re keen on giving slot games a go, you can do so at any one of the casinos listed down below. Each has an amazing selection of slot games available for players to try out. We recommend that new players only play in free mode in the when first starting out.
What You’ll Find On This Page
- Quick How to Play Slots and Win Guide
- Other How to Play Slots Machine Basics
- Slot Machine Odds
- Types of Online Slots
- Best Way to Play Slots Tips
Most Americans are already probably familiar with slot games in some way, even if they are not all too sure how to play them. With our step-by-step guide below, players will be ready to tackle even the most advanced slot games.
- Pick a Game – arguably, this is the most important step. You want to make sure that you pick a good game that seems interesting to you and is easy enough to understand. Also, pay attention to pay tables as this will tell you how much you can win while playing the game.
- Choose Your Bet Limit – set how much you would like to bet with each spin and on each payline. The minimum and maximum bet as well as the number of paylines available to the player is all dependent on the game being played.
- Select the Number of Paylines – select how many paylines you would like to play with each spin. It is important to remember that each bet is placed on a payline (so, for example, if you’re betting $2 on 20 paylines, the cost of each spin is going to be $40!)
- Spin the Reels – you are now ready to begin spinning the reels and trying your hand at winning some big cash prizes. It is possible to set the game to auto-play to ensure that the game keeps running the same bet over and over again until you tell it to stop.
American players may also benefit from learning the following functions of a slot machine as they tend to appear in most games:
- Auto-Play – this function automatically spins the reels for the player. Some titles even allow players to set a number of times the game should spin automatically or an amount of money the game should spend. It is important to note that some will keep on going until the player stops it (or his/her funds are finished.)
- Bet Max – clicking on this button will automatically set the slot game to spin the reels with a maximum bet option. Be very wary of clicking the button, as it can soon become very expensive on games with high maximum bets and multiple paylines.
Slot machine generally tend to post return-to-player percentages between 95% and 98%. That stated, it is important to note that the odds of slot titles are largely dependent on the game you’re playing. Most games do have a pay table on display that will show you exactly how much you can win with each bet, so it is important to go through this before starting a game.
When picking a slot machine, be sure to take note of the fact that there are different types available online. These are the most popular you will come across online at US online casinos:
- Three-Reel – as the name implies; these games feature three reels, and, generally, a limited number of paylines. These titles tend to be easier to understand and don’t usually have all the extras five-reel games offer like bonus feature.
- Five-Reel – these are the most common types of slot games in online and land-based casinos. They feature a couple of rows and a good number of paylines. They usually also consist of a fun theme with interesting bonus games that increase your winnings ten-fold. These games are somewhat more difficult to understand than a simplistic three-reel game, so we recommend that players remain wary of them until they really know how to play slots.
- Progressive Jackpots – many Americans love playing progressive jackpot games because they tend to pay players out the most. These games are usually part of a network in which multiple bets across different games count towards the overall jackpot. They are very hard to win so we don’t spend your whole bankroll on them.
Slot games tend to have massive payouts. Thus, it makes sense that many Americans would like to learn how to win playing slots. We don’t have any sure ways of ensuring that our players win slot games, but there are a few tips we recommend our players follow to increase their chances. These include the following:
- Don’t Use the Martingale Strategy – we don’t recommend increasing your bet every time you lose, especially as you can lose a load of cash in short while playing slots. This strategy really isn’t good for a game as random as slots.
- Play Games with Average Jackpots – we all know that big cash prizes are super appealing but they very hard to win. This is why we recommend playing games with smaller jackpots and higher RTP rates which you’re more likely to win. We’re not saying don’t play progressive jackpot games, we’re just saying don’t spend your entire bankroll on them.
- Stop While You’re Ahead – if you’ve won a big prize, just walk away. The last thing you want to do is lose a massive real money prize by getting greedy, especially if you start on a losing streak.
- Switch Games if You’re Losing – if you see you’re getting nowhere with a particular game, we recommend that you pick a new one. There is no use in playing a game that keeps giving you nothing for your hard-earned dollar.
- Understand the Rules – players who do not understand the game that they’re playing often deplete their bankroll very quickly. Thus, we recommend that players make an effort to learn all about the slot machine they would like to play before spinning the reels.
Check out our slots guides: