Online craps is a casino dice game. The online craps game uses a pair of dice to determine the outcome of the shooter’s bet. Craps puts massive real money payout possibilities in player’s hands. Craps has many online real money betting options. Each online craps variation has a different house edge and gameplay. The variants make craps an exciting casino site game. Online Craps is a popular game available at premium US online casinos. Craps online promises players the online gambling experience of a lifetime!
Online craps is the internet version of the table game. Players make online gambling wagers on the outcome of the casino game dice roll. Experts often apply a craps strategy when playing online. Golden Riviera Casino recommends the highest payout casinos for craps online players.
Best Online Craps Sites for US Players
600+ Slots and 98% Payout
600+ Slots and 98% Payout
600+ Slots and 98% Payout
600+ Slots and 98% Payout
600+ Slots and 98% Payout
What You’ll Find On This Page
- Online Craps Gambling USA
- How to Play Online Craps
- Top Online Craps Betting Options
- Free Online Craps USA
- Best Online Craps Game Tips
- Online Craps Betting Strategy
- Mobile Online Craps Casinos for US Players
- Play Live Craps Online
- Best Craps Online Game Glossary
- Evolution of Online Craps
- Best Online Craps Real Money FAQs
All real money craps games are safe to play. The house advantage in a craps game online is the lowest of any game of chance. The games make use of a Random Number Generator (RNG) to determine results. This casino software cannot be manipulated in any way.
Setting up a real money account is quick, safe and easy. Top-rated casino sites use secure socket layer (SSL) encryption software. This software ensures players information is kept private. Online craps players have more chances of winning real money prizes.
Learn to play craps online free of any charge with the best casinos in the United States. Free games let you learn craps rules at your own pace. Once you are ready, then play at the best online craps casinos for real money. The game can be broken down into a few easy steps.
The Come-Out Roll
- Every craps player knows that the main component of craps is the dice.
- To start a round of craps, players must first place their bets and then roll the dice. This is known as the come-out roll.
- If the shooter roles a 7 or 11, every pass line bet wins.
- If the dice equals 2, 3 or 12, all pass line bets lose.
- Any other number represented on the dice will become the point number.
Check out our craps guides:
The Second Roll
- If a point has been rolled with the pair of dice, the craps player must roll the point again before rolling a 7.
- Every pass line bet will then win.
- Craps occurs when a player rolls a 12. This is another word for the come-out roll, which signifies the beginning of a new round.
- The craps game continues until a 7 number is rolled.
- Once done, all bets will be paid out.
Top Online Craps Betting Options
Craps can seem a bit difficult at first, but we recommend that players look at craps online gambling games as having more ways to win instead of a multitude of confusing betting options.
- Pass Line Bet – pass line bet is the most basic of all bets in craps. This is an even money bet that can be wagered on during a come-out roll. A Player wins if they roll a 7 or 11. Players lose if they roll a 2, 3 or 12. If a point is rolled after a come out, players must roll the point again before a 7 to win.
- Don’t Pass Line Bet – This is the exact opposite of the pass line bet. Rolling a 2 or 3 in the come-out roll round results in winning even money. If a 7 or 11 is rolled, you lose and if a 12 is rolled, the round is a push. Any other number becomes a point.
- Laying the Odds – a player betting the shooter will roll a seven before rolling the point.
- Come Bet – this gives the craps player a chance to make a pass line bet after a point is established. This turns the next roll into a come-out roll, where the pass line bet rules apply. A come point is established with any other number and must be rolled again before rolling a 7.
- Don’t Come Bet – this is the same as the come bet, but with don’t pass line bet rules. This means that you lose if you roll the point before rolling a 7.
- Place Bet – place bet is when a shooter places a wager on a number between 4 and 10. If you roll the number before rolling a 7, you win. This bet is made during a come-out roll.
- Place to Lose Bet – this is the opposite of a place bet. It is a wager placed that the shooter will roll a 7 before any number between 4 and 10.
- Buy Bet – this is just like a place bet. However, it has a different payout.
- Hard Ways – there are four different hard way bets. Players bet on either a pair of 2’s being rolled before a 7 or any other way to roll a 4. The shooter can also choose a hard 6, 8 or 10.
- Big 6 – this bet cannot be made on a come-out roll. It is a bet that a six will be rolled before a 7.
- Big 8 – this bet also cannot be made on a come out. This is where the craps player bets that an eight will be rolled before a 7.
- Field Bet – these are placed on the immediate next roll. It is a lay bet on 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, or a 12. This bet is lost if a 5, 6, 7, or 8 is rolled as there is no point round.
A craps free online game allows US players to have a go at the game without risking any real money. The obvious drawback of such games is that you can’t win any real money while playing them either. That said though; many US players enjoy playing a free craps game online, which is why we like to ensure that we recommend casinos with free play options.
Why would anyone ever want to play a free craps game online? Well, here are a few of the most popular reasons:
- Quite simply some players like casino games, but they don’t like the though of spending money, so online craps for fun is the only option that will ever appeal to them.
- Players get to practice craps online without risking any money. Now, this may benefit players in multiple ways. Firstly, if they never knew how to play the game before, they now get to learn without getting penalized. Secondly, if they did play before, but are unfamiliar with the online environment, online free craps casino game will be able to help them adjust to playing the new form of the game.
- With free games, US players get to test strategies while they play craps online for fun!
Online craps is a popular game. The gaming strategy has a variety of outcome possibilities. You can enjoy web-based casino real money games from your desktop and mobile device. Casino sites are available for you to place your online gambling wagers any time. Here are some free craps online tips for real money.
- Learn the game.
- Bet the pass line bet on a come-out roll.
- Always take the odds bet.
- Once points are established place come bets.
- Place two come bets along with pass line bets.
- Do not place proposition bets.
Online craps lets players control the outcomes of the game. As such, many people make the mistake of placing losing bets. While it is fine to place these bets in an online craps practice game, we thoroughly recommend that players avoid them when playing the best online craps for real money.
Hard Way Bets
These are bets where both the dice land on the same numbers, example;
- Hard 4 – 22
- Hard 6 – 33
- Hard 8 – 44
- Hard 10 – 55
The odds are not in the players favour. The chances of throwing a double are 1 in 36. The name “hard way” is derived from the difficulty of the throw. It is easier to shoot 8 for example with a 2 and 6 dice combination.
Big 6 and Big 8 Bets
The craps table has “Big 6” and “Big 8” in bright red colours. Although these bets pay even money do not bet on them. Rather bet on another part of the craps table instead. Big 6 and 8 bets have a house advantage of 9 percent.
Playing craps on mobile is the same as playing on desktop or at land-based casinos. The main difference is that players use their smartphones and tablets to play. The internet casino industry is estimated to be worth billions. A portion of that money is generated by craps online players. Mobile craps can be enjoyed on HTML5 compatible remote devices. Players need to ensure they have a strong internet connection to play. You don’t need to download any apps to play craps online. Simply log into your preferred casino site and play.
Playing for real money is hassle free. The online banking methods you use for online games apply on your mobile device. Android, Apple iOS and Windows device owners can enjoy mobile craps anytime and anywhere.
The best casino sites also run live craps games. When US players choose to play craps online live, they are able to interact with real-life dealers. Essentially, a dealer behind a real online casino craps table is livestreamed to players, while they are given on-screen prompts with betting options. (It is for this reason that players need to have a strong internet connection if they are going to play craps game online live.)
The concept behind live games is to give players the feel of being at a real-life table and allow them to play craps online with other people. Instant chat and video link-ups allow players and dealers to communicate with each other.
Struggling to wrap your head around all the weird online craps for money lingo? Well, we’ve got you covered with some top terms down below:
- Arm – a player skilled at throwing the dice. The player can increase the chances of certain numbers being rolled.
- Boys – slang term for the dealers.
- Boxman – casino employee at the craps table. The employee is responsible for chips and supervising the dealers.
- Cold table – a table where most of the players are losing.
- George – a craps player who tips well.
- Hot table – a table where most of the players are winning.
- Marker – a plastic disc used by dealers to mark the point number on the table.
- Rail – top area around the craps table, where players keep their chips
- Toke – a tip for the dealer.
- Wrong bettor – a player who bets on the don’t pass line.
Craps is a simpler version of a 14th century English dice game called Hazard. Craps first gained popularity in France. Here craps is based on a game called Crabes. Craps is dubbed ‘Crappaud’, which means “toad” in French. The name comes from the way players would crouch like toads when playing craps in the streets.
Craps was brought over to America by French settlers. During the period it took the game to make its way across the ocean, several changes were made to it that turned into the game that it is today. If “Hazards” was still the main variation of craps, undoubtedly, it would not be as popular as it is today.
Can you play craps online for real money?
Yes, you can! All of the best US casino sites allow players the chance to play real money online craps games. Before signing up at just any casino site, we do recommend that US players ensure that the site they choose to sign up at is regulated by the appropriate gambling authorities.
What is the best online craps casino?
Well, the answer to this question is forever changing, which is why we recommend that players have a look at all of our recommended casinos listed above. They have been tried and tested and proven to offer players the best gaming experiences.
Are online craps games rigged?
As long as you gamble at a trustworthy casino, then no they are not rigged. Trusted casinos have their games tested each and every month by independent authorities to ensure that they are not conning US players out of their money.
What is the best roll in online craps?
As we prefer to play it safe, we always recommend players stick to making pass/don’t pass or come/don’t come bets. With these bets, you will win money on a regular basis. However, if you are looking to win a lot of money in one go, you’ll do best by sticking to hard bets.
What is the best strategy for winning at craps?
As mentioned above, we generally recommend that players stick to making come/don’t come and pass/don’t pass bets. These best only have a house edge of 1.40%, meaning that you actually have a good chance of winning a good sum of cash.
Can you play free craps online?
Yes, you can. Any casino worth their salt has a free play option available to US players. We actually recommend playing games for free before moving on to the real money mode.
Check out our casino game guides: