Online blackjack is a game that requires luck and skills. Blackjack is also known as twenty-one. This name is derived from the game’s overall objective. In blackjack, players win by having a card count as close to, or that reaches a hand of 21. Modern blackjack as we know it to be today has undergone a few changes to become blackjack online. Players can even enjoy blackjack online from remote devices such as laptops and smartphones.
There are also many different blackjack games that have unique rules. You can play blackjack online for free or for real money. This is why online blackjack is one of the most popular casino games at online casinos for money. It is also one of the most played game in bricks and mortar casinos.
Find out more about playing online blackjack at casino sites in the United States below. In our comprehensive blackjack guide, we cover topics such as how to play online blackjack, tips to play and so much more.
Top-Recommended Online Blackjack Casinos
If you’re looking to play a good, old game of 21 online, you really don’t have to look any further than the casinos we’ve got listed here. They are sure to give you the very best online blackjack experience.
600+ Slots and 98% Payout
600+ Slots and 98% Payout
600+ Slots and 98% Payout
600+ Slots and 98% Payout
600+ Slots and 98% Payout
Online Blackjack Guide Contents:
- How to Play Online Blackjack
- Top Online Blackjack Variants
- Online Blackjack Casino Bonuses
- Online Blackjack Strategy
- Popular Online Blackjack Tips
- Play Free Online Blackjack
- History of Online Blackjack
- Online Blackjack Glossary
- Popular Online Blackjack FAQs
Online blackjack is one of the easiest gambling games to learn how to play. GoldenRivieraCasino.com ensures you can play blackjack online with confidence. We are the leading online blackjack casino guide because of the great tips and advice we provide.
Here are the top blackjack online rules to help you play for real money:
- The aim is for players to get their hand to reach 21 or get as close as possible.
- Players should avoid going bust. A player has gone bust when their hand total exceeds 21, which is only possible after a hit.
- Players first receive their hand of two cards, facing up.
- The dealer then receives his cards, one facing up and one facing down.
- After calculating the value of the cards, they must decide what their next move will be.
- Players have two basic options; they can hit or stand.
- “Hit” is a request for another card.
- “Stand” is when a player is happy with their cards.
- Other possible moves are to split your cards or double down on your bet.
- Dealers reveal their cards after the player has completed their round of hit or stand.
- The dealer aims to get anything higher than the player without going bust.
Online Blackjack Card Values
Online blackjack uses the same total card count as bricks and mortar casinos. Cards have the following values:
- Cards between 2 and 10 carry their number value.
- Face cards all equal 10.
- Aces can either equal 1 or 11, depending on what benefits the player most.
Online blackjack has a lot of variants. Here are some of the top-rated blackjack variants for real money online:
Online Blackjack Gold
This variant is part of the Gold series. This is a series of blackjack games online that use life-like graphics. The Gold series uses visuals and audio to create an authentic blackjack casino feel.
Most players enjoy this online blacjack variant. Players have more chances of winning with this game. Multi-hand blackjack games are played with more than one hand per game and uses up to 8 decks of cards. The rules of multi-hand blackjack are mostly similar to other blackjack games.
Online European blackjack is arguably the most popular variant. Most blackjack enthusiasts know how to play European blackjack. European blackjack is strictly played with two decks of cards. Some prefer American blackjack for this reason.
Live Dealer Blackjack
Live dealer blackjack enhances players online gaming experience. Players require a strong, high-speed internet connection to play live dealer online blackjack games. Games take place online, and a real human dealer deals the cards. Players are able to interact with the dealer throughout the game.
Other Blackjack Variants
There are loads of other blackjack variants available online. Some include the following:
Most top online blackjack sites offer players new and exciting versions of the game. These casino sites also include exclusive blackjack online bonus offers. Online blackjack bonuses come in different forms. New players, for example, can get welcome bonuses. Use these exclusive offers to improve your chances of winning online blackjack games.
Blackjack is popular because the outcomes of the game rely on players decisions. Players have a say in whether they win or lose games. Golden Riviera Casino’s blackjack strategy helps players increase their chances of winning. You can find mathematically proven tips that will give you the best blackjack odds.
If you are looking for some online blackjack tips that are sure to get you some wins, then have a look at our advice listed down below. You are sure to improve your game immensely!
- Never take insurance – unless you’re counting cards, which isn’t possible in online blackjack, taking insurance give the casino the advantage and not yourself.
- Use basic strategy – this is a tried and tested online blackjack strategy that has the potential to reduce your house edge to less than 1%. To learn more about basic strategy, make sure to have a good look at our dedicated guide.
- Try to let the dealer bust – if you’ve got a hard hand and the dealer has a card between four and six, try to let the dealer bust themselves.
- Split aces and eights – if you have got a pair of aces or eights, split them. This give you two opportunities to get either blackjack or at the very least a high hand.
- Don’t spilt tens or sixes – two tens already reach a score of 20, which is as near as blackjack you’re going to get without actually getting it. Two sixes give you ample opportunity to get a high score with a single extra card.
Free online blackjack games provide US players with the opportunity to play the classic casino game without the risk of losing any money. Any casino worth its salt provides players with the opportunity to try games for free before playing for real money.
There are several advantages associated with playing blackjack for free:
- Free online blackjack allows players the chance to try new games and figure out whether they like them in a no-risk environment.
- You get to learn how new games work, again without losing your bankroll.
- You get to continue playing the great casino game even if you don’t have any real money in your bankroll. This means that the fun does not have to stop.
The first known game of blackjack took place in France, during the 16th Century. Back then, the game was known as Vingt-et-Un, which is French for 21. Historians believe blackjack is a derivative of two card games. The games are Chemin de Fer and French Ferme which were popular games of that era.
By the 18th century, blackjack had gained popularity. The game was played regularly in King Louis XV’s Royal Court. This popular card game soon reached North America. French colonists introduced blackjack to America. The game was a bit different. During this time, a betting round took place when cards were dealt. Players would see the dealers second card. How the dealer’s hands were played was entirely up to the dealer.
Blackjack became popular in America in the 19th century. A young woman named Eleanor Dumont immigrated from France to America. She was a skilled card dealer who made a living by playing card games. She settled in Nevada city and opened a gambling parlour named Vingt-en-un. Dumont had strict rules only rich men were allowed to enter her parlour. No women were allowed. Madam Dumont was known for her beauty, although her nickname was “Madame Mustache”. Dumont had a line of hair on her upper lip. Men would come from different places just to play against this female dealer. Eleanor would keep the men coming back for more by flirting with them. However, she also kept her distance. Madame Dumont’s business was extremely successful until the gold rush ended.
20th Century Blackjack
In 1931 the state of Nevada legalised gambling. 21 (blackjack) gained lots of popularity. To appeal to American gamblers, a new rule was introduced. The rule was to give players a higher payout of 10:1 with a natural blackjack hand. The new rules were removed shortly after. The game had a firm standing in the hearts and minds of gamblers in Nevada. The Nevada Gaming Commission created standard blackjack rules.
In the 1950s card counting in blackjack emerged. Players would count cards to get rid of the house edge. Casinos acted and made changes to the blackjack game. Casino added a second deck to the game. Soon blackjack was played with 4 card decks. Dealers would shuffle the deck when lots of cards remain in the deck. Despite all these changes more people were coming to casinos to play blackjack.
The internet allows players to enjoy blackjack without leaving their homes. Casino game sites have introduced the convenience of gambling on the go or from the comfort of your home. Blackjack is more popular now than it has ever been. The new blackjack variations ensure there is a game to meet every player’s needs.
Here are some blackjack words you will hear around the online blackjack table and what they mean. Learn as much as possible about blackjack to be a successful online blackjack player.
- Banker: Another term for the dealer. This person is responsible for handling bets and payouts.
- Bankroll: The amount of money a player has chosen to play blackjack real money with.
- Blackjack: This is when a player has a “natural” 21. A natural is an instant win, only possible when a player has an Ace and a picture card.
- Bust: When a total card count goes over 21.
- Double down: An additional bet on top of your original wager to draw one more card. This bet is only possible at the beginning of a round when players have their two initial cards.
- Face Cards: Another term used for cards with pictures on them. These include Jacks, Queens and Kings.
- Hit: Requesting another card to add to your current card count.
- Insurance: This is an optional bet for players, offered when the dealer’s one face-up card is an Ace. If the dealer gets a natural blackjack, you’re covered. If they don’t. You lose the insurance bet.
- Split: If you are dealt two cards with the same value, you can choose to split them. This will give you two sets of cards to hit on for a card count of 21.
- Surrender: If players feel their card count won’t total 21 or might bust they can surrender. This will be at the expense of half of their original wager.
Can you win money playing online blackjack?
Yes, you can! All you need to do is find a trustworthy real money online blackjack casino. We recommend having a look at one of recommended casinos up above. All of them are safe to use and offer players a fair chance of winning wagers.
What is the best online blackjack?
This is really dependent on the player. Overall, we generally tend to recommend that players stick to playing American variants as, unlike in roulette, the rules for American blackjack online allow for a lower house edge.
Are there any real money online blackjack apps?
If you are looking to play on mobile, you can do so either by downloading a blackjack app or by simply logging into your casino account on your preferred mobile web browser. They should both allow you the best real money blackjack online experiences.
Is online blackjack legit?
Yes. As long as you play at an online blackjack casino that makes use of an RNG algorithm to determine results, you should be good to go. It always very important to make sure that you are playing at a casino that is licensed and regulated by the appropriate governing authorities though.
Can players count cards in online blackjack?
No, they can’t. The reason for this is that games make use of random number generators as opposed to real-life dealers, making it harder for players to determine which cards have been dealt.
Can I play online blackjack for free?
Yes, you can. Most US casino sites allow players to play a blackjack online for free without needing to make a deposit first. This allows you to practice and determine whether or not they like the game and would like to play it for real money.
Check out our casino game guides: