Blackjack online (also known as twenty-one) is a game that requires luck and skills. This name is derived from the game’s overall objective. The goal of blackjack is to have a hand score as close to 21 as possible without going over.
Modern blackjack has undergone a few changes to become online blackjack. You can enjoy the games on offer at online casinos from wherever you have a solid internet connection. These days getting a game is made even easier with blackjack apps.
There are so many blackjack games available online. Each has its own unique rules. This is why online blackjack is one of the most popular casino games at both online and land-based casinos.
Find out more about playing online blackjack for money in the United States below. In our comprehensive blackjack guide, we cover topics such as how to play online blackjack games, tips to play and so much more. We also list the best casinos to play real money games at. So, what are you waiting for?
Online Blackjack Links:
- Play Blackjack Online for Fun or Real Money Here
- How to Play Online Blackjack
- Online Blackjack Variants
- Online Blackjack Casino Bonuses
- Blackjack Strategy Charts
- Popular Online Blackjack Tips
- Play Free Online Blackjack
- History of Online Blackjack
- Online Blackjack Glossary
- Online Blackjack Real Money USA – FAQs
Online blackjack is one of the easiest card games to learn how to play. Here is all you need to know to be ready to play:
- The aim is for players to get the combined value of the cards in their hand to 21 points or get as close as possible. The true objective is to get a hand greater than that of dealer.
- Players should avoid going bust. A player has gone bust when their hand total features blackjack cards that exceed 21, which is only possible after a hit.
- Players first receive their hand of two cards. Whether the deck of cards is dealt face up or face down is dependent on the rules of the variation.
- The dealer then receives his cards. Cards are dealt one facing up and one facing down.
- After calculating the value of the cards, they must decide what their next move will be.
- Players have two basic options; they can hit or stand.
- “Hit” is a request for another card.
- “Stand” is when a player is happy with their cards.
- Other possible moves are to split your cards or double your bet.
- Dealers reveal their cards after the player has completed their round of hit or stand.
- The dealer aims to get anything higher than the player without going bust.
Online blackjack uses the same total card count as bricks and mortar casinos. Cards have the following values:
- Cards between 2 and 10 carry their number value.
- Face cards all equal 10.
- Aces can either equal 1 or 11, depending on what benefits the player most.
Online blackjack has a lot of variants. Here are some of the most popular available online:
This variant is part of the Gold series. This is a series of blackjack games online that use life-like graphics. The Gold series uses visuals and audio to create an authentic blackjack casino feel.
Most players enjoy this online blackjack variant. Players have more chances of winning with this game. Multi-hand blackjack games are played with more than one hand per game and uses up to 8 decks of cards.
European blackjack is arguably the most popular variant. Most blackjack enthusiasts know how to play European blackjack. European blackjack is strictly played with two decks of cards, making it harder to win. Some prefer American blackjack for this reason.
Online Blackjack Live Dealer
Live dealer blackjack enhances players online gaming experience. A real human dealer deals the cards and players interact with the dealer throughout the game.
You need a strong, high-speed internet connection to play live dealer games. This is also one way to play online blackjack with friends.
Other Blackjack Variants
There are loads of other blackjack variants available online. Some include the following:
Most top online blackjack casinos offer players new and exciting versions of the game. These casino blackjack sites also include exclusive blackjack online bonus offers.
Online blackjack bonuses come in different forms. New players, for example, can claim welcome bonuses. Use these exclusive offers to improve your chances of winning games.
Blackjack is popular because the outcomes of the game rely on players decisions. Players have a say in whether they win or lose games. One of the most trusted ways to beat the dealer and win real money without using card counting is through sticking to basic strategy.
Here is a chart displaying how it works:
No tip will ever ensure that you always win but the followings should improve your odds, even if just slightly:
Never Take Insurance
Unless you’re counting cards, which isn’t possible in online blackjack, taking insurance give the casino the advantage and not yourself.
Use Basic Strategy
This is a tried and tested online blackjack strategy that has the potential to reduce your house edge to less than 1%. To learn more about basic strategy, make sure to have a good look at our dedicated guide.
Try to Let the Dealer Bust
If you’ve got a hard hand and the dealer has a card between four and six, try to let the dealer bust themselves.
Split Aces and Eights
If you have got a pair of aces or eights, split them. This give you two opportunities to get either blackjack or at the very least a high hand.
Don’t Spilt Tens or Sixes
Two tens already reach a score of 20, which is as near as blackjack you’re going to get without actually getting it. Two sixes give you ample opportunity to get a high score with a single extra card.
Free blackjack games you players with the chance to play the classic casino game without the risk of losing any money. There are several reasons you should play blackjack for free, including:
- Free online blackjack allows you to try new games and figure out how they work in a no-risk environment.
- You get to continue playing even if you’re bust. This means that the fun does not have to stop.
All self-respecting blackjack players should know what the following words mean before playing any version of the game:
- Banker: Another term for the dealer. This person is responsible for handling bets and payouts.
- Bankroll: The amount of money a player has chosen to play blackjack real money with.
- Blackjack: This is when a player has a “natural” 21. A natural is an instant win, only possible when a player has an Ace and a picture card.
- Bust: When a total card count goes over 21.
- Double down: An additional bet on top of your original wager to draw one more card. This bet is only possible at the beginning of a round when players have their two initial cards.
- Face Cards: Another term used for cards with pictures on them. These include Jacks, Queens and Kings.
- Hole Card: a card that was dealt face down.
- Hit: Requesting another card to add to your current card count.
- Insurance: This is an optional bet for players, offered when the dealer’s one face-up card is an Ace. If the dealer gets a natural blackjack, you’re covered. If they don’t. You lose the insurance bet.
- Split: If you are dealt two cards with the same value, you can choose to split them. This will give you two sets of cards to hit on for a card count of 21.
- Surrender: If players feel their card count won’t total 21 or might bust they can surrender. This will be at the expense of half of their original wager.
Yes, you can! All you need to do is find a trustworthy real money online blackjack casino and make a deposit.
The best online blackjack site is Las Vegas USA. You can play a number of blackjack variants here.
Yes and no. It really depends which state you live in.
Most states require you to be over the age of 21 to play blackjack in any form.
If you are looking to play on mobile, you can do so either by downloading a blackjack app or by simply logging into your casino account on your preferred mobile web browser. They should both allow you the best real money blackjack online experiences.
Yes. As long as you play at an online blackjack casino that makes use of an RNG algorithm to determine results, you should be good to go.
No, they can’t. The reason for this is that games make use of random number generators as opposed to real-life dealers, making it harder for players to determine which cards have been dealt.
Yes, you can. Most US online casinos allow you to play a blackjack online for free without needing to make a deposit.
Check out our casino game guides: