American Express (also referred to as Amex) is a popular deposit and withdrawal method at US online casinos. As one of the biggest issuers of credit cards in the United States, it makes sense that this option would be a staple at online gambling sites targeting American players.
On this page, we have a look at Amex casinos and how to go about gambling at them with this banking method. This includes how to make deposits and withdrawals using American Express, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of using the method. We also provide a list of the best American Express casinos, so read on to learn more.
Casinos that Accept American Express USA
US gamblers can be sure that the casinos included in the list below are currently the best gambling sites that accept American Express currently available to them. Each offers an amazing set of games, bonuses and more. So, what are you waiting for? Try them out today!
|Online Casinos||Welcome bonus||Payment||Evaluation||To visit|
$3000 BONUS600+ Slots and 98% Payout
|Play NowLas Vegas Casino|
150% BONUS600+ Slots and 98% Payout
|Play Now Sun Palace Casino|
400% BONUS600+ Slots and 98% Payout
|Play Now Planet 7 Casino|
330% BONUS600+ Slots and 98% Payout
|Play Now Cool Cat Casino|
$4000 BONUS600+ Slots and 98% Payout
|Play NowRoyal Ace Casino|
What You’ll Find On This Page
- How to Make a Deposit Using American Express
- Advantages of Using American Express
- Disadvantages of Using American Express
- AMEX Casinos FAQs
Making deposits at online casinos that take American Express is a pretty simple task. All US players need to do is follow the banking steps outlined below and they’ll soon be playing their favorite casino games online:
- Open your preferred casino site in your web browser. Make sure that it is an online casino American Express option before you sign up.
- Navigate to the site’s banking page and select the American Express option. Input the amount that you would like to deposit into your account.
- You will then get a notification to inform you that you have made a successful deposit into your casino account.
- You will then be ready to play your favorite casino games online. Just make sure you don’t spend your funds all at once!
Making a Withdrawal at an AMEX Casino
Making withdrawals are just as easy as making deposits. All you need to is go to the banking page and select withdrawals instead of deposits this time. Then, confirm your card details and select how much you would like to withdraw at that time. Depending on the casino itself, it may take between three and five days for the transaction to be processed.
There are a few wonderful benefits to be experienced when funding your bankroll with your American Express credit card. Here are some of the most important:
- Faster Deposits – in general, casinos tend to process deposits made with American Express cards somewhat faster than those made with other cards.
- Safe – it is safe to make deposits using your American Express card. The banking option makes use of some of the best encryption methods in the financial services industry.
- Large Deposit Limits – some casinos allow players to make larger deposits when they use American Express cards in comparison to other payment methods.
- Rewards – American Express has its own exciting rewards program that gives card holders great gifts just for using the card. Every time you use your AMEX card at a casino, you increase your potential rewards from this program.
Unfortunately, everything that has advantages has some disadvantages too. Below are some of the worst disadvantages of using your American Express card to play your favorite casino games online:
- Limited options – American Express isn’t as widely accepted as Visa or Mastercard. So, US players may have some issues finding a suitable site to play at if they absolutely insist on using this banking option.
- Fees – unfortunately, players will need to pay higher fees when making use of their American Express card for deposits and withdrawals. Speaking of withdrawals –
- Withdrawals Not Always Allowed – if you’re a player who likes to use the same banking method for deposits and withdrawals, you might have some hard luck with American Express. Unfortunately, not all casinos allow for withdrawals with this banking method.
Do casinos take American Express?
There are some US online casinos that take American Express. However, they aren’t as easy to find as those that take Visa or Mastercard. It is important to note this when playing online. However, to make our players lives easier, we have listed some of the best American Express casinos at the top of this page.
Is it safe to use American Express at casinos?
Yes, it is. The financial services provider uses some of the best encryption methods to ensure that players are kept safe when making any sort of transaction, including gambling online. This is also in addition to the measures the casino is using to protect players.
Is Amex a good payment method for online gambling?
Many players believe that American Express transactions tend to be processed faster at online casinos than those made with competitor credit cards. That said, not all casinos allow players to make use of their Amex card for withdrawals.
Are there fees when using American Express cards at casinos?
Yes, there are some fees you will incur when using your American Express cards at casinos. It won’t be a massive charge (usually, it’s more like a nominal fee than anything) but it is definitely something to keep in mind when gambling online.
Are e-wallets better than American Express at casinos?
This is dependent on the player. It is important to note that each banking method has its pros and cons. Thus, for some players, e-wallets might be better whereas for others, debit and credit cards may be better.
Learn More About Casino Banking Here