Online Baccarat- No Download Required
Online baccarat at Golden Riviera Casino brings the classic table game to the doorstep of players all over the world. The baccarat game is a gambling card game that originated in France and has since become one of the most popular games played in the casino world. The objective of online baccarat at Golden Riviera Casino is to calculate the value of two or three cards to form one hand and achieve a total of nine or its closest number. There are three popular variants of the game which include; Punto Banco, Baccarat Chemin de Fer, and Baccarat Banque. Since the introduction of the online version, as well as the mobile version, the popularity of the game has boomed exponentially.
Learn How to Play Baccarat Online
History of Baccarat
Baccarat was invented in the middle ages by an Italian gambler, Felix Falguierein. The first game of baccarat was played with a deck of tarot cards. Later on, the game was introduced in France before being introduced to the Las Vegas Casinos in the 1950's. The baccarat term is derived from the word Italian word 'baccarat' which in English means zero. The zero refers to the tens, jack, queen, and king which are consistent with the value of zero in the game.
Today, Baccarat game has evolved from being a higher roller’s only game to a game open to everyone on online casino sites. Despite a few rule changes over time, one thing has remained the same- the elegance it has to offer.
How to play Baccarat Online
- The round starts off by players either betting on themselves or the banker winning, or on a tie between themselves and the banker.
- For instance, if the player's hand wins, but the player bets on the banker's hand winning, they lose. But if the player bets on the banker winning, they will win even though their hand was inferior to the banker's.
- The outcome of the game depends on who the player bets on to have the stronger hand at the end of the round.
- Once bets are placed, two cards are dealt to the banker and player. Cards are dealt one at a time to each player. A cut card is placed 16 cards away from the end of the deck.
- The objective of Baccarat is for the player/banker's hand to be as close to 9 as possible.
The Player's hand
- First, the player's hand is shown, then the banker's.
- The player must stand on any total between six and nine.
- The player will receive additional cards if the first two cards add up a total of five or less,
- If the player's total is between eight and nine, this means a natural is called, and the player is an automatic winner.
- If the player and banker have the same hands, a tie is drawn.
The Banker's hand
- The banker will stand if the first two cards add up to a total of seven, eight, or nine.
- The banker will hit if their cards add up to zero, one, two, or three.
- An exception is applied when the banker has a total of three and the player a total of eight.
- The banker can hit up to a total of four, five and six cards, depending on the player's total.
- The banker will hit with a;
- Four against a player with a total between two and seven
- Five against a player with a total between four and seven
- Six against a player with a total between six and seven
Baccarat Card Values
- Cards between the value of 2 and 9 maintain their face value.
- 10 cards with the Jack, King, and Queen cards are considered, have zero value.
- Ace cards are valued at 1.
Baccarat Game Rules
- Online baccarat is played from either a six-deck or eight-decks, depending on the variant being played.
- Any hand that reaches double digits, the left digit is dropped. For example; if the hand is 16, it is counted as 6, if the hand is 24, it is also counted as 4.
- Players must bet on the hand they think will have the highest total. Bets can be made on either the banker or player or a tie.
- The objective is to obtain a hand that has the closest value to 9. The value of a hand is determined by adding the values of the individual cards dealt.
Baccarat Game strategy
Online baccarat offers players limited opportunity to influence the outcome of the game. However, for online players to develop a strong strategy it is wise for them to ride on the outcome and vary the intensity of betting accordingly. This means a player should maximise the opportunity by betting more when they are winning, and less when they are losing.
The Baccarat Table Layout
The online baccarat table is the same as to what players will find in a land based casino. The table is split into two ends. On either end, the dealers will be located, and each will take care of their side of the table. Opposite to where dealer stands, the table will be labelled as 'bankers' and 'players'. This is where the caller will stand and make place cards on the labels. In baccarat, the number thirteen is excluded for superstition reasons.
- Baccarat- Baccarat means zero. When the banker or player has a total of zero, it is known as baccarat.
- Banker- One of the three possible betting places on a standard baccarat table.
- Dealer- Dealer is the person in charge of drawing the cards. However, online baccarat is played in a big table version where the dealer position can be taken by players.
- Natural- A hand count of eight or nine from the first two cards dealt to hand.
- Player- Player is one of three possible baccarat betting places. These bets pay at a ratio of 1 to 1 and have an advantage of approximately 1%. The player is always the opposite bet to the banker.
- Run- A side bet that offers players the opportunity to bet on a series of hands in a row.
- Tie- One of betting options available in the a game of baccarat. The tie bet has the highest payout ratio of 8:1, and has the highest house advantage of just under 15%.