eSports betting has seen a real boom in the United States over the last few years. So many Americans are now looking to place bets on the most competitive video game competitions. eSports bets add extra excitement to watching a live competitive video game event, as now you wait in anticipation to find out whether your pick will win. Ultimately, it allows spectators to feel as if they’re part of the game. Read on to find out all you need to know about betting on eSports in the United States with our amazing eSports betting guide. We also list some of the best online casinos that offer sports betting options!
Top eSports Betting Sites for US Players
These are some of the best online eSports betting sites available to Americans. They also have a range of casino games available to play.
What You’ll Find On This Page
- What is Real Money eSports Betting?
- How to Bet on eSports USA
- Popular eSports Betting Games
- eSports Betting Tips
eSports refer to competitive electronic sports which see professional video game players go up against one another in tournaments. The most popular eSports events are watched by millions of people around the world. While it may seem odd to some, the video game industry is the world’s largest entertainment industry. Top-tier video game titles often make way more money than the highest-grossing films.
With so many multiplayer video games being inherently skilled-based, it is not exactly surprising that a competitive gaming scene has emerged. There are many different eSports competitions around the world based on loads of different games, including genres such as First-Person Shooters, battle arena, racing, and real-time strategy games. Just as with more traditional sports, fans of a particular eSports games can watch live events online. Often, they don’t even need to pay to do this as tournaments are streamed live on YouTube or Twitch.
It makes sense that a betting industry around eSports events would develop along side the new competitive format. eSports fans are now able to place bets on all the biggest and best competitions, including the Evolution Championship Series, the FIFA Interactive World Cup, the League of Legends World Championship, and the Overwatch League, among others.
eSports bets work exactly the same way as betting on traditional sports does. Bettors select a competition they would like to place a wager on and then place the wager. The types of bets available are entirely dependent on the nature of the video game and the competitive event surrounding it.
Players can bet on things like who scores first, what the overall score-line will be, as well as simply the overall winner, among other things. When selecting an eSport betting website, bettors need to make sure that the eSport they would like to be on is actually available.
There is only one slight difference between sport and eSport betting USA. The difference is that eSports tournaments generally take place over a short period of time. However, regular sporting events take place over many months.
There are a couple of really popular games and events within the US eSports betting market. We’ve outlined some of the games that have proven to be quite popular at American eSports betting websites:
- League of Legends (LOL) – the popular battle arena game sees teams go up against each other as they try to take over the map. LOL eSports betting is extremely popular with most gambling sites offering bettors the chance to place a wager on professional tournaments.
- Counter Strike: Global Offensive (CS GO) – this popular tactical FPS title is still gets big player despite being over six years old. With Counter Strike tournaments being extremely popular around the world, it is unsurprising that there are thousands of eSports bets placed on CS GO each and every year.
- DOTA 2 – many ardent battle arena fans believe that you either play DOTA 2 or League of Legends to get the best the genre has to offer. While DOTA 2 isn’t quite as popular as LoL, eSports DOTA 2 betting is still pretty common in the US.
- Street Fighter – the Street Fighter series has probably spawned some of the oldest video game-related competitive events. Some may even argue that the first eSports bet was made in an arcade with two friends playing Street Fighter. The series continues to be a huge favourite for avid eSports bettors.
We’ve got a few tips every American who wants to make eSports bet online should follow. These include the following:
- Research Before Placing Bets – just as with regular sports betting, an informed bet is the best bet. You should always place effort into finding all possible variables (such as team form, odds, etc.) before placing a bet. Doing so will increase your odds of winning.
- Don’t Play with Money You Don’t Have – if you can’t afford to lose the money you would like to wager with, then you shouldn’t be placing bets with it. Always make sure you gamble responsibly and don’t have to worry about making ends meet due to a bad bet.
- Use Safe and Secure Gambling Sites – gambling is a leisure activity. Signing up to a site that steals your information is never fun, so make sure you use trusted betting websites.
Check out our other sports betting guides: