Online Roulette for Real Money
Roulette is a popular casino game derived from the French word meaning little wheel. Before a round of roulette begins, players need to place their bets. Bets can be placed on either a single number or range of numbers, on the colours black or red, or on even or odd numbers. The 18th Century game of roulette has made its way from France to the most extravagent land-based and online casinos of the 21st Century. Roulette has a reputation for its consistent rewarding possibilities!
Roulette is a game of luck and chance that relies on the spin of the roulette wheel and a player's betting instinct. The roulette table is divided between two colours, red and black consisting of numbers ranging from 0 to 36. In European-style Roulette, the wheel also contains one green space which is zero. The American-style wheel has a double zero.
Golden Riviera Casino: Online Roulette
Online roulette at Golden Riviera online casino appeals to all skill level. Amateurs are looking to have fun, with the possibility to hit the jackpot and win on their bets. While more seasoned high rollers are driven by a desire to become winners at the game through strategy. Part of the reason why Golden Riviera is a highly ranked online Canadian casino is due to the incredible design and graphics their online casino games have. Our online roulette variants come from directly from leading providers and feature a user-friendly interface. The different versions of the game that you can play with us are:
- American Roulette: This variant is the foundation of modern roulette. The American variation presents a feature of a double zero (two green spaces) in the roulette wheel and layout. This means one extra number is provided, making it a popular option for online gamers. American roulette has an increased house of 5.4%.
- European Roulette: This variant is one of the most popular forms of roulette played in land based casinos and online casinos. The roulette wheel and layout feature a single zero, which reduces the house edge to 2.5%.
- French Roulette: This variant is one of the most forgotten formats of roulette in the modern age. French Roulette presents a slightly different set of rules when it comes to players making bets. Here players have the option to wager on bets and can keep their wager in the event of losing a spin.
Roulette Table Rules
- The table consists of two sections- the inside and outside sections. The inside section allows wagers to be placed on individual numbers or groups of up to six numbers that are close in proximity to one another. The outside section allows bets to be placed on matching pairs for high or low, even or odd, red or black numbers. The outside bets also allow wagers to be placed on six different 12 number bets.
- When the roulette is spun, it is spun in one direction, while the ball within the wheel spins in the opposite direction. Players need to place bets either on a colour or number or a group of numbers where the ball may land.
- Online roulette offers players a choice on how much they want to bet.
- In order to increase one's chances of winning, roulette allows bets to be placed in more than one place. For example; wagers can be placed on; either single numbers, on red or black, odd or even numbers. Bets can be placed on an entire column, a corner bet whereby the bet covers four different numbers in a single bet, split bets cover two numbers in a single bet, on numbers 1-18, on the 1st 12 numbers or 2nd 12 numbers or 3rd 12 numbers.
- The objective of roulette is to bet on the number or combination of numbers which the ball will land on.
Roulette Wheel Strategy
There are many forms of roulette available today. Since the introduction of online casinos, even more, variations have become available. These new variations have given a unique twist to online gaming. Here are some tips to beating the odds with online roulette.
- Play the outside bets. This increases your chance of winning as outside bets includes red, black, even, odd, numbers 1-18 or 19-36. This gives players more likely a 50/50 chance of winning.
- Increase your chance with inside bets by placing your bet on more than one number close to each other. These payouts won't be as high as winning on a single number. However, it just increases your chances of winning something.
- It is recommended players take a break from the online casino roulette and step into your nearest land based casino. This helps give players a fresh perspective on the game.
- There is no guide to winning with online roulette. However, some players develop strategies to increase their winnings. Some strategies include; players doubling their bet every time they lose, and lowering it when they win. Other strategies involve players playing in multiplayer roulette.
- Colour Bet- Involves betting on either a red or black.
- Column Bet- Involves betting on the 12 numbers that make up a column. There are three columns which players can choose from.
- Even Money- Payout Ratio is 1 to 1 on red or black, high or low, even or odd bets.
- Inside Bets- A category of bets where bets are placed on the inner row of the roulette wheel.
- Line Bets- Also known as a double street bet. It is a bet on a group of 6 numbers in two adjacent rows on the table.
- Even/ Odd Bets- A bet placed on either even or odd numbers.
- Outside Bets- Bets placed on the outer section of the roulette wheel.
- Row Bet- Also known as a street bet. These are bets made on three numbers in a row on a roulette table.
- Split Bet- Bets made on two numbers next to each other on the table.
- Straight Bet- Bets made on one specific number.